WooCommerce Social Login helps you make account access and checkout seamless, increasing your conversion rate and improving the sales.
Research nowadays shows an increase in social media login, when using a eCommerce website. Over 77% of consumers favor signing in using their social media accounts. Why is that you may ask? Well, first of all it increases trust and improves security. Second of all it gets rid of remembering yet another password.
Returning customers can now log into your site with just a click of a button, making things easier for repeat purchases. 90% of people have encountered social login before, and more than half of people use it.
WooCommerce Social Login allows you to:
Login with 10 different Social Media Accounts
You can connect your account with 10 different social networks for faster purchase in the future. You just have to enable the Social Login Buttons.
Track your customers Social Logins
Here you can monitor how your customers sign in on your eCommerce site. This can be very helpful in figuring out which networks are worth keeping.
Set Social Login Options in the Settings Panel
You can easily manage where to display the Social Login buttons. In addition, you can write down a personalized text for your customers. Also, you will be able to see general status of the providers.
Enable which Social Profiles the users will see
In the General Settings Panel, enable or disable each social media network. You can link the button to your social media account and display a personalized text on it.
2016.11.15 – version 2.0.1
* Fix – Update PHP error for sites using PHP 5.2, 5.3
2016.11.09 – version 2.0.0
* Tweak – “Reset password” fields are now hidden when a customer is prompted for an email while linking Twitter / Instagram
* Tweak – User is not prompted for an email while linking Twitter / Instagram if they were on the checkout page
* Tweak – Widgets will now show buttons to link an account if a user is already logged in
* Misc – Update login button styling to reflect newer guidelines
* Misc – Use Facebook Graph API v 2.8
* Misc – Switched to HybridAuth as the base authentication library
* Fix – French translation was corrupted
* Fix – Amazon attempts to complete the customer’s first / last name from the returned display name
* Fix – “Please provide your email address” message is not shown anymore after user already provided it
2016.06.02 – version 1.8.0
* Misc – Added support for WooCommerce 2.6
* Misc – Removed support for WooCommerce 2.3
2016.05.19 – version 1.7.6
* Fix – Properly include and verify the state parameter in OAuth requests to prevent CSRF login attacks
* Fix – Fix a CSRF issue with the “Unlink Social Account” action
2016.05.18 – version 1.7.5
* Fix – Fix open redirect issue with login redirect URLs
2016.03.30 – version 1.7.4
* Tweak – The linked profiles table on the My Account page now looks better on mobile 🙂
* Fix – Don’t display the “Link Your Account” notice on Thank You page for logged out users
2016.03.15 – version 1.7.3
* Fix – When using the option `Display “Link Your Account” button on Thank You page`, the notice won’t be shown to logged in users who already have a linked account
2016.01.26 – version 1.7.2
* Fix – Ensure users with restricted roles can always link accounts when logged in
* Fix – Ensure users can link multiple accounts on the My Account page
2016.01.20 – version 1.7.1
* Fix – An update in 1.7.0 caused some settings to disappear from the settings page, now restored
2016.01.14 – version 1.7.0
* Misc – Added support for WooCommerce 2.5
* Misc – Removed support for WooCommerce 2.2
* Misc – Improved compatibility with multi-language/translation plugins
2015.10.20 – version 1.6.0
* Feature – Add Disqus provider
* Feature – Add VK (Vkontakte) provider
* Feature – Add Yahoo provider
* Tweak – Detect and disable conflicting iThemes Security “filter long URLs” setting
* Tweak – Ensure replaced avatars are fully responsive
* Tweak – Namespace Opauth library files to avoid conflicts with other integrations
* Tweak – Use My Account page as default return URL for the
Use a social account for faster login or easy registration.
* Fix – Better error handling on log-in/sign-up
* Fix – Ensure profile image is replaced when a profile is unlinked
* Fix – Only link a new profile found via email if the account has the Subscriber or Customer role
2015.07.28 – version 1.5.0
* Misc – WooCommerce 2.4 Compatibility
2015.07.20 – version 1.4.3
* Fix – Fix issue with logging in with Facebook for recently created apps, props Poyu Chen
2015.06.11 – version 1.4.2
* Fix – Fix potential object injection in Opauth library
* Fix – Use `wc_set_customer_auth_cookie()` to ensure the same user experience when customers login via a social provider
* Tweak – Introduce the `wc_social_login_set_auth_cookie` filter
* Localization – Added French translation provided by Mathieu Racine (email@example.com)
* Localization – Added Finnish translation provided by Juho Tikkanen
2015.03.26 – version 1.4.1
* Fix – Don’t override the avatar icons on the Settings > Discussion screen
* Fix – Fix fatal error “Cannot redeclare class tmhoauth”
* Tweak – Added a new option to force SSL callback URLs
The quick response from a friendly team member at @effectioshop honestly caught me off guard. Nice work!